Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager, the Manager of Operations will play a critical leadership role in the operation. The Manager of Operations will be responsible all aspects of test facility and future operation.
The role will lead continuous business and process improvement with the use of technology and/or operational and people efficiencies that will result in productivity gains and a safer work environment.
The Manager of Operations will assist in the development of commercial facility plans and initiate programs to meet overall business objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage, lead, plan and coordinate all PTF operations and technical functions to maximize safety, productivity and efficiency.
- Participate in the development of the design of the commercial facility and ensure the effective implementation of the design during construction.
- Manage supplier/contractor relationship to ensure necessary materials, capital equipment, and other resources are available at competitive prices to meet the needs of the operation.
- Prepare material and manpower budgets and ensure the production and cost targets are achieved.
- Oversee and guide technological change and operations advancements in processes and practices.
- Provide quality training, support and guidelines to achieve high departmental performance standards and morale.
- Ensure high standards of safety and environmental compliance are achieved. Professional Experience / Qualifications 10+ years of management experience in operations with strong technical and operational knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of wellfield and processing operations.
- Direct experience specifically with leaching operations and SX/EW process.
- Experience and knowledge in current preventative and predictive maintenance methodologies and work practices.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people development skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in environment, health and safety leadership.
- Strategic and analytic, yet able to successfully operate tactically.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability adapt to change and competing priorities.
- Successful experience in leading business and process improvement.
- Ensuring that high standards of safety and environmental compliance are achieved in accordance with OSHA.
- Strong team building, and leadership skills combined with superior analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze and accurately document work products in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion during job related decisions and in corporate relationships involving confidential subject matters and materials.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mining or Metallurgical (or related) Engineering discipline and eligible to register with Professional Engineers Association of Arizona.